1.15.2008

Meet Todd Corley


If you've been on an AJBW group road ride you probably know Todd Corley. And if you've ridden with him you know that he's got a good sprint. But I'll bet you didn't know that he has skills on a skateboard as well. A couple of days ago Todd comes in early before a ride and says, "Hey, I got a new skateboard." Being that I used to "skate and destroy" I was eager to check it out. One kick and push later, and I'm destroyed. I just about shattered my wrist carving "turn one" of the showroom floor. That was enough for me so I asked Todd to show Nate and I some sweet moves. Now keep in mind that Todd has just gotten off work, so he's still wearing his steel toe boots. And skating in steel toe boots is kinda like riding your SPD-SL equipped road bike at the Dublin Century in a pair of flip-flops. He proceeds to kick and push...CLICK!BAM! One steel toe equipped, perfectly executed kickflip ollie.
Drew =0, Todd =1. Stay tuned for the rematch.

3 comments:

Chuck Bolte said...

Flip that ish!

Chuck Bolte said...

I want to see barspins next...

Basil Chesterton Sinclair said...

nice! I used to skate, too. In fact, it seems like a lot of 20-30 year olds who race/ride road bikes these days come from a skate background.