6.30.2009

Canal Singletrack, Canal Crown Ready!

Well I think we got the Canal Singletrack pretty well dialed in for the Canal Crown. Kim, Dustin, Joe, and myself met up at the trail early Sunday morning for some last minute preparations. Thanks to SORBA-CSRA, we were able to borrow the trailer and use some of their arsenal. One wasp sting, multiple gallons of sweat poured, a broken DR mower, and 3 hours later, the stage is set for the TT series starting Thursday. All down trees are gone, the main trail is trimmed back, and the 6 foot tall grass along the ponds is cut. Now all we gotta do is hope we don't get another severe storm. I would like to give quick shout-out to all the people that have helped out over the past couple months with getting the Canal Singletrack race-ready: Ross Douglas, Dustin Gaddis, Jimmy Culpepper, John Pilcher, Lowell Dorn, Kim Jordan, and Joe Delrie. If there's anyone I forgot, please leave a comment on the post so I can give you your props.

Little did we know the 4 of us would be dragging that DR mower out of the woods. Much harder than I thought it would be...

No comments: